Sunday, January 31, 2016

Beauty In Flowers

Someone dear to me recently lost her Grandma.  They were very close so it is a sad sad time for her.  I made her this card to let her know I am thinking of her.  

The top section is a die from Top Dog called Madison Border Die.  My husband got it for me for Christmas.  It is a bit intricate and I was very disappointed  that all the little pieces were not cutting out.  I recently found a metal sheet at Amazon.com that has been amazing!  It is called "CottageCutz Universal Shim Plate Die Cut" found here.    Two passes through completely cut all the pieces out and all I had to do was to easily poke out about 5 pieces that stayed on the die cut.   I was so happy money was not wasted on a die!

After stamping the image and heat embossing the image with white, I filled the flowers with liquid glue.  I used two shades of pink flock and pressed it on the flowers.  After drying, I shook off the extra.  It gives it a nice 3D soft look.

Tomorrow it will go out in the mail to her. 


Submitting this creation to:
 The Outlawz Twisted Challenge-Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by.  Have a great crafty evening!


No comments: