Sunday, January 3, 2016

The East Wind-Flag on the Play

Over at The East Wind blog, there is a challenge to use a banner, fishtail flag, bunting or a pennant shape on your creation.  I am using the image we received in the January 2016 newsletter.  If you want the freebie image...head over to The East Wind and sign up for their newsletter!

This is my card I am submitting to their challenge.


I printed the image out twice.  Once on just copy paper and the second on Georgia Pacific white cardstock.  I colored the image using markers on the cardstock.  The second image was to cut out and used as a mask on the image to protect it while I sponged on ink around it.    The ink I sponged on was Stampin Up ink colors Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron, Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White.  
Let it Snow banner was a die cut and stamp set from Marianne Design.  My creation was finished off with Star Dust Stickles to get snow to sparkle. 

My sister and I...to keep motivated all year to get Christmas cards done..started our own weekly challenge for the next 50 weeks.  This week was Anything Goes.   

Thank you for stopping by!
Netta

3 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Fabulous masking! Really love the beautiful scene you've created with the lovely background colors. Sooo cute! Thanks so joi9ning us at The East Wind. xxD

Bonnie Irvine said...

Absolutely beautiful! I love the background and your colouring is so well done. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jackie C said...



Great, great colouring! Wonderful that you have shared your great artwork with us here at THE EAST WIND. Good luck hun and do come back again!
Jackie DT @ THE EAST WIND