Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Gracie

Do you keep a stash of cards and when you need one, you just pick one out....or are you like me?  I do not have a stash of cards and make them as I need them.  I try to think about the person as I make their card.

Someone I know had a birthday on Valentines day but I didn't want to make a card that had a Valentine theme.  I wanted something totally different.  She has a Yorkshire Terrier named Gracie, so I found a free image online and colored it with Twin Markers.  I used a picture from her FB page to use as a guide to color her with.  I used rectangles to cut the image so I could layer it up.



The background took a bit between the layers and drying.  I cut a piece of black cardstock in the size I wanted.  I brushed a layer Lumiere  Metallic Bronze all over the cardstock.  I was not fussy and some of the brush strokes left black showing through. After I was done, I tilted the cardstock up over the trash can and sprayed Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in colors blues, greens, peach, lemon and candy red.  I just kept spraying the colors to let them run down mixing in some areas. After I was happy with those colors my final coat was Heidi Swapp white color shine which I just sprayed over it in different areas.  I linked what each product was in Amazon in case someone wanted to see what they looked like.   I ran it through the Sizzix with an embossing folder while it was still a little bit damp.   

I popped it into the mail to her and had to wait to post the card here so she would not see it ahead of time. she has received the card so I was safe to post it!

Manetta

1 comment:

KarinsArtScrap said...

Manetta this is sweet and beautiful
Gr Karin